Are you ready for April school vacation? If you aren’t planning to travel, your family can still have a great time on the North Shore. Keep reading for a list of ideas including local camps, shows, exhibits, free activities, drop-off and drop-in events.
(Running Mon. 4/17 through Fri. 4/21 unless otherwise noted)
- Vacation Camp at Danvers Indoor Sports – Choose from full-day, half-day and football camps at Danvers Indoor Sports. Perfect for kids ages 5-12. Prices range from $40-$85/day depending on camp. Register here.
- April Soccer Skillz Camp – Skillz Check’s week-long vacation camps feature both half and full day options for players ages 5-17, at Danvers Indoor Sports. The clinics focus on the technical skills that help players develop critical speed and confidence with the ball and incorporate high-level training with small-side game experiences. Choose from full (9am-3pm) or half day (9am-12pm) programs. Cost is $230 for half day and $330 for full day. Register at skillzcheck.com.
- Super Quest Camp – Designed for children ages 3-8. At Super Quest Camp at The Little Gym at Cherry Hill, children will spend three super-awesome, adventure-filled hours a day on a unique, exciting quest with their friends. Each day revolves around an interactive learning theme with different, creative lesson plans that will keep your child engaged. Hours vary by day with an extra hour of Lunch Bunch available before and after camp. Camps start at $40 per session. Register here.
- Get Crafty at Create & Escape DIY Workshops – Mon. 4/17 – Thurs. 4/20, Create & Escape will be hosting Spring Break Workshops for kids and teens, with a morning session from 9:30-11:30am and an afternoon session from 1-3pm. Themes include sea glass, macrame, paint pours and more! $40/session, sign up at createandescapediy.com. And don’t miss their Neon Canvas Paint Party with Pizza on Tues. 4/18 from 6-8pm, $50.
- Starshine Twirling Team’s Twirl Camp – Starshine is excited to welcome novice and beginner twirlers ages 4-16 to Starshine Twirl Camp on Tues. 4/18 – Thurs. 4/20, from 9am-12pm. Whether you are new to the world of baton twirling or have taken lessons before, they can’t wait to meet you! $65/day or $195 for all 3.
- Real Pirates Salem – This museum experience features the true tale of “Black Sam” Bellamy – the richest and one of the youngest pirates of all time – and Maria Hallett, the love of his life and so-called “Witch of Wellfleet.” See the world’s only fully authenticated pirate treasure ever discovered – including coins, jewelry, and weapons – retrieved from the wreck of Bellamy’s ship, and last touched by the hands of pirates more than 300 years ago. Great for ages 5+. Open daily from 10am-5pm. Tickets are $14.50 for kids, $17.50 for adults and $16 for seniors. Get tickets at realpiratessalem.com.
- Life Sized Candy Land – Drop by the Salem Public Library on Tues. 4/18, between 2:30-4pm, to play a giant game of Candy Land. Or build a Peeps Diorama on Wed. 4/19, from 10am-12pm. Peeps supplied. Both activities are FREE.
- Earth Day Crafternoon – Make some crafts and get creative in honor of Earth Day later this week. Craft supplies provided from 2-4pm, on Tues. 4/18, at the Peabody Institute Library – Danvers. No registration required. FREE.
- Drop-in Tinker for All – Explore! Build! Create! Utilize your engineering skills to see what you can create with everyday objects at the Hamilton-Wenham Public Library. Children ages 3 and up. 11am-1pm on Tues. 4/18. No registration required. FREE.
- Open Paint & Craft Kit Event – Open Paint at Hammer & Stain North Shore, in Beverly, is a great time to pick up a craft kit (projects starting at $8) and make it on the spot! On Wed. 4/19, or Fri. 4/21, from 11am-2pm, you can choose from fun spring projects or popular everyday ones. You can also select your kit and have it packaged to complete at home. Kids and adult projects available, good for ages 4+.
- Elephants & Sweet Treats – Did you know the first elephant ever to set foot in America, came to Salem? Join the Salem Public Library at the Salem Visitor’s Center for a silly story time of Salem Firsts on Thurs. 4/20, from 2-3pm. This is a FREE event geared toward ages 3+. Registration is encouraged.
- Art Workshops – Artists will love these themed workshops at Artcie in Hamilton held Mon. 4/17-Fri. 4/21, with themes like Andy Warhol Kicks and Giant Pencil Sculpture. Age range varies by workshop and cost is $35 each. Register for all programs at www.artciestudio.com/workshops. You can also sign up for the brand new, Artcie at Home Virtual Class Series.
- April Break at the North Shore Children’s Museum – The Museum will be open from Tues. 4/18 – Sat. 4/23, with special programming at 10am and 1pm most days. Programming is included in your entry fee of $12 (unless using a library discount pass or EBT Wic Card). Programming includes The Music Man, The Good Witch of Salem, Moonrise Fae Faeries, Professor Wiggledom Magic Show, Mother Goose, and other Sing-a-Longs. Reserve your tickets now as space is limited.
- Art Workshops – Art’s Cool in Middleton, is hosting multiple workshops on Mon. 4/17, Tue. 4/18, Wed. 4/19 and Thurs. 4/20, split into a morning session from 10:30am-12:30pm and an afternoon session from 1-3pm. Prices range from $35-$45/workshop. Choose from Wood Birdhouse Paint, Monet’s Bridge, Tie Dye and more! Register at www.artscoolmiddleton.com/programs.
- Origami Workshop for Kids – The Boxford Public Library will be holding a FREE Origami Workshop for Kids on Wed. 4/19, at 2pm. Kids ages 7 and up are invited to this hands-on workshop in the fun art of creative paper folding, presented by the Origamido Studio of Haverhill. who will provide both paper and easy-to-follow instruction. Registration required.
- Bilingual Story Time @ The Laundry – Sunshine Express Laundry, Fresh Express Laundry Center & The Salem Public Library presents: Bilingual Storytime @ The Laundry on Wed. 4/19, from 5:30-6:30pm! Drop by and enjoy stories, songs, and rhymes in Spanish and English for children and their parent or caregiver. Sunshine Express Laundry Center, 19 Boston St, Salem, MA. No registration required. FREE.
- Mike Bent’s Abrakidabra Magic Show – Take in a magic show that combines amazing magic, big laughs, and hilarious surprises for a completely interactive experience. All ages welcome. Held at the Hamilton-Wenham Public Library on Wed. 4/19, from 6:30-7:30pm. No registration required. FREE.
- April Vacation STEAM Days – Kids will love STEAM exploration, hands-on project-based discovery and unstructured creative time at Messy Makers Community in Danvers! Two sessions available from 10am-1pm, on either Tues. 4/18 or Thurs. 4/20. $40. Sign up on Eventbrite.
- Magic! – The Good Witch of Salem is offering some unique parties during April Vacation. Choose from Witch Hat Decorating on Mon. 4/17, from either 10-11am or 12-1pm, $42; or Fairy Spa Day on Tue. 4/18, from 10:30-11:30am, $42. Tooth Fairy Fun is available on Thurs. 4/20, from 2-3pm, $42 and the 2-day Fairy Magic Workshop on Wed. 4/19 & Thurs. 4/20, from 9:30am-12pm (Cost: $105) . Register for all of these programs at goodwitchofsalem.com.
- Aleppo Shriner’s “All New” Circus – Ladies and Gentlemen, children of all ages STEP RIGHT UP and reserve your circus tickets today! Held at the Shiner’s Auditorium in Wilmington, Wed. 4/19 – Sun. 4/23, with 2-3 shows per day, times vary. Tickets are $20 and can be purchased on Eventbrite.
- PJ Family Story Time – Join Ms. Carol for bedtime stories on Thurs. 4/20, from 5:30-6pm, at the Manchester Public Library. It’s fun to bring a stuffed animal friend and wear your PJs! Registration required. FREE.
- Rabbits & Cavies with 4H – This is a live animal program for ages 4 and up, will teach kids about Rabbits and Cavies. Held at the Peabody Institute Library – Danvers on Fri. 4/21, from 10-11am. Spaces are limited, registration required. FREE.
- Flora Has an Adventure Guest Author & Craft – Children’s author, Karin Gertsch, will share her book Flora Has an Adventure on Fri. 4/21, from 10-10:45am, at the Ipswich Public Library. Recommended for caregivers with children ages 4 to 8. Registration encouraged. FREE.
- Free Admission & Ms. Frizzle’s World of Bugs – The Wenham Museum is thrilled to be part of Spring Week, sponsored by the Highland Street Foundation! As part of Spring Week, general admission is FREE to the Wenham Museum on Fri. 4/21. Ms. Frizzle will be visiting the Wenham Museum on this date for a special program about bugs and insects! The program will start promptly at 10:30 a.m. and tickets are on a first-come first-served basis.
- North Shore Nature Fair + Wicked Kidz Fun Run – Head to the Glen Urquhart School campus for hands-on activities and nature-based projects led by GUS educators as well as with partners from across the north shore like Beverly Bees, Change is Simple, The Food Project, and more! Sat. 4/22, 1-3pm. New this year, .5-mile and 1-mile kids races with Wicked Running Club! Free to attend Nature Fair, $2 per race entry.
- The Nook – Head to The Nook in Newburyport, an indoor playground with fun activities. Ideal for babies who can sit up, up to age 5. April Vacation activities include Lee Biddle Music for Kids on Mon. 4/17, from 9:30-10am, or 4-4:30pm; Burbujas y Libros on Tues. 4/18, from 9:15-9:45am; New Hampshire Academy of Performing Arts on Wed. 4/19 from 9:30-10am; Little Souls Yoga on Thurs. 4/20 from 9-9:30am; or Story Time on Fri. 4/21 from 9:15-9:45am. Each session includes the activity and 30 minutes of open play either before or after class. Cost is $20/session. Sign up at thenooknbpt.com.
- Open Play Sessions – Get the wiggles out indoors! Kids up to 6 years old will enjoy the variety of themed rooms and the indoor playground at The Children’s Piazza in Peabody. Daily play sessions are available by reservation between 8:30am and 5:30pm, Mon. – Fri. Cost: $12 per child/$8 per sibling, (One adult per child admitted at no charge. Additional adults will be charged the sibling rate.) Register for a session at www.thechildrenspiazza.com.
- SkyZone – There are attractions for all ages in this indoor trampoline park at the Liberty Tree Mall in Danvers. Open daily from 10am-8pm. Teens might like jumping during their GLOW sessions with black lights, lasers and glow-in-the-dark shirts on Friday and Saturday Nights. Ticket prices start at $22.
- Glow Mini Golf – Too cold or rainy for mini golf? Not at Aloha Mini Glow Golf. This course is located inside the Northshore Mall (lower level near Nordstrom) and open daily, M-Th. 10am-8pm, Fri. & Sat. 10am-9pm and Sun. 11-6pm.
- Cowabunga’s – This huge, indoor, inflatable playground in North Reading, encourages families to climb, jump, slide and play together. Open daily (hours vary by day). Tickets start at $15.