Mother’s Day is this Sunday, May 8th. And while we all know that we deserve to enjoy a special day. we can sometimes be the ones left planning the fun. So if your family is asking how you’d like to celebrate, this list is full of ideas for Mother’s Day fun.
10 Ways to Celebrate Mother’s Day on the North Shore
- Mother’s Day Brunch at Appleton Farms – Visit Appleton Farms on Mother’s Day for the perfect pastoral picnic brunch. Everything will be served to-go and can be purchased on the Farmhouse Front Porch, then pick a spot on the Farmhouse lawn or paddocks for a picnic. (This is not a ticketed event, no ticket purchase is necessary. Picnic food will be first come/first serve and while supplies last.) 219 County Road, Hamilton & Ipswich.
- Yoga, Flowers and an Orchard Walk – Head to Cider Hill Farm on Mother’s Day for All Levels Yoga Flow with Molly from 9-10am. No experience necessary. Bring your mat, water and towel. Pre-registration encouraged. Walk-ins welcome. $12. After class grab a coffee from the NOBL Cold Brew Pop-Up and stroll the orchards on a Self-Guided Spring Orchard Walk (free). Tickets are also available for Tulip Fest on Mother’s Day but they are going very fast. 45 Fern Avenue, Amesbury.
- Treasure Hunt – Stroll the fields for antiques and other treasures at the Todd Farm Flea Market in Rowley. This Sunday morning flea market typically features around 240 vendors from all over New England and New York. Open 6am-3pm. Route 1A, Rowley.
- Take a Hike – Hike through the rolling meadows, wooded trails and more at Maudslay State Park in Newburyport. Bring the dog (leashed), download a trail map and keep an eye out for blooming daffodils throughout the park. Plenty of spots to spread out a blanket and enjoy a picnic too. 74 Curzon Mill Road, Newburyport.
- Shopping & Fresh Veggies – Also in Newburyport, visit the Newburyport Farmer’s Market at the Tannery Marketplace, followed by a stroll through downtown for some shopping. Check out sustainable styles at Shine, home decor and gifts at WishBasket & Red Bird Trading, books at Jabberwocky Books, flowers at Beach Plum Floral Shop, bags at Vaalbara Supply and more! 75 Water St, Newburyport.
- Lobster Rolls & Beer – Head to Woodman’s of Essex for fresh lobster rolls. Open 11am-8pm on Mother’s Day. Follow your delicious meal with a stop down the road for a beer or hard seltzer in the Tap Room or Biergarten at Great Marsh Brewing Company. Open 12-7pm. 119 Main Street & 99 Main Street, Essex.
- No reservations? No problem! – Order dinner from the take-out menu at Ledger in Salem and enjoy a fine dining experience in the comfort of your own home. Plus you wont have to worry about the kids behaving or scramble for a good reservation time. 125 Washington St, Salem.
- Bike the Independence Greenway – The 5.3 mile Independence Greenway Trail is paved and flat (though there is one portion where you’ll need to ride on the road). It’s good for riders of all ages and goes by the Lt. Ross Park and playground, which makes a great pit stop for kids. Peabody.
- Kendra Scott x Antea Amoroso – Visit Kendra Scott at MarketStreet Lynnfield from 11am-1pm on Mother’s Day. Antea Amoroso will be in-store providing personalized hand lettering on Mother’s Day Gifts. There will also be sips and sweets while you shop and Posy Florals will be there too with homegrown, fresh cut flowers for purchase. 1242 Market St, Lynnfield.
- Tulip, Tulips, Tulips – Tickets are still available for a Mother’s Day visit to Tip Top Tulips in Ipswich. Stroll the acres of flowers, visit the animals and enjoy an unforgettable spring experience. 20 Lowes Lane, Ipswich.