This list is generously sponsored by TrueView Financial. TrueView Financial is committed to working with their clients to help them achieve financial freedom and protect this freedom at every life stage. TrueView pulls in all aspects of your financial picture, as they consider insurance, investments, savings, retirement, debt allocation, and more. This creates a “TrueView” you can not only see, but constantly monitor through your very own Living Balance Sheet. Your financial peace of mind starts with a complimentary, no obligation coaching session. Call them at 978-972-5114 or visit MyTrueViews.com to learn more.
It’s February now and that means the school vacation week is right around the corner. If you aren’t planning to travel, your family can still enjoy the week at home. Keep reading for a list of 30 local camps, drop-off and drop-in events, outdoor activities and exhibits.
30 Fun February Vacation Activities
(Running Monday, 2/21 through Friday 2/25 unless otherwise noted)
- DIScover Boston Sports Spirit Week – This camp at Danvers Indoor Sports, will feature a Boston sports team theme each day. On New England Revolution Day kids can meet mascot Slyde! Ages 3.5-5 can sign up for the Mini Clinic, from 9am-12pm; Ages 5-12 can sign up for the half (9am-12pm) or full day (9am-3pm) camps. Cost is Mini Clinic/Half Day $40/Day; Full Day $65/Day Members, $75/Day Non-Members. Register here.
- February Skillz Soccer Camp – This camp features half (9am-12pm) and full day (9am-3pm) options for players ages 5-17 at Danvers Indoor Sports. The trainings focus on the technical skills that help players develop critical speed and confidence with the ball. The trainings incorporate high-level training with small-side game experiences. Players are grouped by age and skill level to maximize individual development. Cost is $330 (full day) or $230 (half day). Visit SkillzCheck.com to learn more and register. (Session fee can also be prorated if your child can only attend part of the week.)
- kidSHINE Camps – Designed to be unique, innovative and engaging, these camps will incorporate kidSHINE’s philosophy of merging high intensity exercise with holistic skill building, while incorporating activities with meaningful, motivating and child approved themes. Sign up for Lil’ Warriors Camp for ages 3-5, Mon. 2/21-Thurs. 2/24, 8:30-10:30am. Or Mighty Titans Camp for ages 6-8, Tues. 2/22- Fri. 2/25, 11am-1pm. Both camps are $240 and held at kidSHINE in Rowley. Register here.
- SHINE Bright Yoga – This Yoga Series is a pilot of a future program at KidSHINE that will follow the framework of the evidence based EXERSHINEkids Programs. This 3-day yoga class will focus on building strength, fostering balance and encouraging mindfulness in a small group setting. Each class will include teaching kiddos regulatory strategies for school and home. For kids ages 6+. Tues. 2/22 – Thurs. 2/24 from 11-11:45am. Cost is $75 and this series will be held at kidSHINE in Rowley. Register here.
- Winter Camp – Designed for children ages 3-8, Winter Camp programs at The Little Gym at Cherry Hill, provide each child with three super-awesome, adventure-filled hours of skill building, crafts, group fun, and special LEGO DUPLO and LEGO Juniors building activities! Held Mon. 2/21 (1-3pm), Tues. 2/22 (2-4pm) and Wed. 2/23 (1-3pm) with an extra hour of Lunch Bunch available before and after camp on Monday and Wednesday. $30/day for members; $40/day for non-members; Lunch Bunch is an additional $15/day for members and $20 for non-members. Register here.
- Kin Fitness MiniCamps – Kids ages 5-9 will have a blast with a certified youth fitness specialist and trainer leading them in exercises, games and obstacles courses that will get their heart pumping. There will also be plenty of time for rest and mindful recovery activities as well as a snack break. Located at Kin Fitness in Groveland. MiniCamps will be held on Tues. 2/22, Wed. 2/23, and Thurs. 2/24 from 9-11:30am. Cost $60/day. Register at www.kinfitness.com/events.
- Fairytales Dance It Out! Virtual Session – Time for make believe in Mini Movers Studio’s Fairytales Dance It Out! Virtual Session. Each day, kids ages 4-7, will love dancing, playing games and activities, making a craft and having a blast during this session. Themes vary by day and include Cinderella, The Gingerbread Man, Sleeping Beauty, The 12 Dancing Princesses and The Little Mermaid. Majority of crafts will just need to be printed out. Everything will be sent in advance. These crafts are designed for minimal/no assistance from parents. Zoom link will be sent prior to the first day. $60. Register at www.minimoversstudio.com/events.
Single Day & Drop-In Events
- Fun Art Workshops – Art’s Cool in Middleton, is hosting two workshops per day on Tues. 2/22, Wed. 2/23 and Thurs. 2/24, from 10:30am-12pm and 12:30-2pm. Choose from Fashion Design; Create a Penguin Painting; Spiderman & Sing Character Art; Puppy Art; Clay Animal Art; or Anime, Magna & Pokémon Art. All workshops are best for ages 5-12, except for the Anime, Magna & Pokémon Art, which is for ages 6-14. $35/workshop. Register at www.artscoolmiddleton.com/programs.
- Open Paint & Craft Kit Event – Open Paint at Hammer & Stain North Shore, in Beverly, is a great time to pick up a craft kit (projects starting at $8) and make it on the spot! On Wed. 2/23, from 11am-3pm, you can choose from fun winter projects or popular every day ones. You can also select your kit and have it packaged to complete at home. Kids and adult projects available, good for ages 4+.
- Kids Wizards Workshop with Pizza – Harry Potter fans will love making a custom wizard themed sign – they get to pick their paint and stain colors at the workshop.This workshop also includes lunch (cheese pizza from Little Italy) and is being held on Fri. 2/25 from 11am-1pm. This is a drop-off workshop for kids ages 6+. Cost ranges from $43-$53 depending on project choice. Register here.
- Inclyousion Sports February Vacation Open Gym – Kids 12 and under can drop in at the Holten Richmond Middle School Gym in Danvers, on Tues. 2/22 and Wed. 2/23 from 11am-12pm for a fun, inclusive sports program. Cost: $5 suggested donation (payable via cash/check/venmo).
- One Day Clinic with Milwaukee Bucks player Pat Connaughton – Boys and girls grades 3-9 are invited to join Milwaukee Bucks player Pat Connaughton for a one day basketball skills clinic at St. John’s Prep. Mon. 2/21, 10am-1pm. Registration cost is $99 with all proceeds going to the Pat Connaughton Foundation, fostering youth athletics. Spaces are limited. Sign up here.
- Make & Create Drop-Off Makerspace – Kids will enjoy being dropped off at this new creative studio in Danvers, for a morning of unstructured opportunities to explore, invent, create, build, engage, and make a mess surrounded by a supportive community. Appropriate for ages 5-12. Tues. 2/22 & Thurs. 2/24 from 9:30am-12:30pm. $35 pp. Please register here by 2/15 and 2/17 respectively.
- EXERSHINEkids POWER Bootcamp Drop In – Have you always wanted your kid to try a kidSHINE bootcamp class, but the timing never worked out? Drop-in classes are being offered all week during regularly scheduled class times for all age groups and ability levels! $20 drop-in and bring a NEW friend for $10 more! Pre- registration and payment required to hold your spot. Register here.
- Art Workshops – Little artists will love these themed workshops at Artcie in Hamilton. Mon. 2/21 from 9:30-11:30 sign up for the Eric Carle Animal Workshop for grades 1-3. Tues. 2/22 from 9:30-11:30am, Lulie Wallace Flowers Workshop for grades 4-6. Wed. 2/23 from 9:30am-12pm, Henri Rousseau Jungle Workshop for grades 2-4. Or Thurs. 2/24 from 9:30-11:30am, Favorite Stuffed Animal Workshop for grades 1-3. Cost is $35 for all workshops except the Henri Rousseau one which is $40. Register for all programs at www.artciestudio.com/workshops.
- WonderKids Club – This is a preschool prep program for kids ages 3-5, that extends The Little Gym experience with active learning in the gym and center activities in the multipurpose room along with arts and crafts projects, storytime, and creative play with LEGO® DUPLO® bricks. Wed. 2/22, 1:30-4pm, $30 (for members only). Register here.
- School Vacation Week: Multicultural Festival – Head to the Peabody Essex Museum to celebrate the range of cultures represented in our local community through music, guided play, art making inspired by their new Each/Other exhibition, along with African and Latin drum and dance performances. Drop-in art making and dance performances happening on Mon. 2/21, Thurs. 2/24 and Fri. 2/25. All programs included with admission. PEM is open 10am-5pm.
- Kid’s Clay Workshops – Kid’s ages 7+ can try their hand at the Potter’s Wheel at Clay Dreaming in Beverly! Their friendly staff will demonstrate, then help and encourage all participants to create 2-3 pieces that will be fired and glazed and ready to pick up in about 2.5 weeks! Choose from sessions on Mon. 2/21, Tues. 2/22, Wed. 2/23 or Fri. 2/25, from 10-11:30am. Cost $40/session. Registration is required and space is limited. Call 978-927-1414.
- Paint Your Own Pottery – Also at Clay Dreaming, you can paint your own, ready-to-go pottery daily during extended vacation hours: Mon.-Wed. 10am-6pm, Thurs.-Sat. 10am-9pm and Sun. 11am-6pm. Reservations are recommended, call 978-927-1414 to reserve your table.
- Open Play Sessions – Get the wiggles out indoors! Kids up to 6 years old will enjoy the variety of themed rooms and the indoor playground at The Children’s Piazza in Peabody. Three daily play sessions are available by reservation between 8:30am and 5:30pm, Mon. 2/21 – Fri. 2/25. Cost: $12 per child/$8 per sibling, (One adult per child admitted at no charge. Additional adults will be charged the sibling rate.) Register for a session at www.thechildrenspiazza.com.
- DIY Art Workshops – Kids 5+ can create a fun art project at Create & Escape DIY in Peabody, on Mon. 2/21, Wed. 2/23 or Fri. 2/25 from 10am-12pm. Choose from 3D Boho Rainbows, Snowmen, Pillows and Wood Signs, or Canvas Paint Penguins or Pokemon. Kids 8+ can join in the fun from 1:30-3:30pm on the same days. Older kid’s themes include Wood Sign Paint with Sea Glass Turtles, DIY Wood Signs, DIY Candles and Lip Scrub & Gloss. Cost is $40/session. Register at www.createandescapediy.com.
- LEGO Train – On Sat. 2/19 and Sun. 2/20 visit the Wenham Museum to see a rainbow colored, L-gauge model train speeding along a brick track as it races by soaring skyscrapers, country cottages, mountainside ski slopes and much more. Animals, mythical beasts, and imaginative creatures will feature in this year’s display. 10am-4pm. Cost $12 Non-Member Adults, $10 Non-Member Children & Seniors, $5 Member Adults, $4 Member Children & Seniors. Buy tickets here.
- Creature Week – The Wenham Museum will be hosting Creature Week for vacation. Visit them on Mon. 2/21 for Pet Rocks (10am-3pm) and a Presidential Pets Author Visit (10am-4pm), Tues. 2/22 for a Barn Babies Petting Zoo (10am-2pm), Wed. 2/23 for Owls by Wingmasters (10:30-11:30am) and Thurs. 2/24 for Curious Creatures (10:30am-12:30pm). Cost: $10 Members, $12 Nonmembers (Museum admission included). Register here.
- Make Up, Potions & Slime – The Good Witch of Salem is offering some unique parties during February Vacation. Choose from Make Up Slime Time on Sat. 2/19 from 2-3pm, LEGO Slime Party on Tues. 2/22 from 11am-12pm, Happy Hearts Spa Party on Tues. 2/22 from 2-3:30pm or Ice Potion Class on Wed. 2/23 from 10:30-11:30am. Cost: $25-$30/per class. Register here.
- SkyZone – There are attractions for all ages in this indoor trampoline park at the Liberty Tree Mall in Danvers. Open daily from 3-8pm. But kids 5 and under can enjoy Little Leapers 90-minute sessions on Wed. 2/23, Thurs. 2/24, Fri. 2/25, from 10-11:30am. Cost: $16. Teens might like jumping during their GLOW sessions with black lights, lasers and glow-in-the-dark shirts. Fri. 2/18 & 2/25 (7-9 pm & 9-11pm), Sat. 2/18 & 2/26 (8-10pm). Cost: $25.
- Glow Mini Golf – Too cold for mini golf? Not at Aloha Mini Glow Golf. This course is located inside the Northshore Mall (lower level near Nordstrom) and open daily, M-Th. 11am-8pm, Fri. & Sat. 10am-9pm and Sun. 12-6pm.
- Cowabunga’s – This huge, indoor, inflatable playground in North Reading, encourages families to climb, jump, slide and play together. Meet Spiderman on Fri. 2/25 from 6-8pm. Get tickets here.
- Ice Skating – Head to the Ice Rink at Topsfield Common, which is free and open to the public from 8am–8pm daily. Or find another local skating spot in our Ice Skating on the North Shore Post.
- Ice Castles – Take a day trip to the Ice Castles in North Woodstock, NH. Enjoy tunnels, tubing, ice slides and more! Select weekday tickets still available (mostly for early afternoon times). Cost: $20 General Weekday Admission, $15 for kids. Buy tickets here.
- LEGOLAND Discovery Center – LEGO lovers will have fun at the Discovery Center in Somerville. Build a car to race at the Lego Racer station, run around on the indoor climbing playground, and catch a short movie in the 4D Cinema. Open daily from 10am-5pm. Tickets start at $19.99. Get tickets here.