“Clean Out the Fridge” Strata
- Butter for greasing pan
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- Pinch of ground nutmeg (optional)
- Pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Salt N’ Pepa
- 3 handfuls of greens – spinach or kale work great
- 1 cup meat – Ham, Bacon, Italian Sausage
- About 3 cups leftover bread torn into 1-inch pieces. This can be anything, english muffins, pita, loaf bread or mix and match!
- 1 Cup Grated Cheese – one that gets all good and melty.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a medium baking dish with butter, lots of it.
- Whisk the eggs, milk, half-and-half, and spices in a large bowl. Fold the greens, meat, bread and 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese into the mixture.
- Pour into the prepared baking dish and top with the remaining cheese. If you have time, let it rest for an hour or more. You can even let it chill overnight before baking.
- Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes.
- Uncover and bake until the strata is puffed, golden brown at the edges and set in the center, about 15 minutes more.
This post is sponsored by Family Dinner. Check out their food shares, filled with the best local ingredients from around New England, delivered fresh to your door each week at sharefamilydinner.com.