February vacation is just around the corner. Not heading to the slopes or the beach? Try one (or more) of these 25 local suggestions to keep the kids entertained. (Be sure to visit the event links for registration info and cost.)
And don’t forget, you can always check out a full list of local events on our Calendar.
25 Activities for February Vacation
- Lace up your skates and head to The MarketStreet Rink in Lynnfield. The Rink is extending its hours for the vacation week to 10am-9pm on weekdays; 10am-10pm on Saturday, 2/22, and 10am-8pm on Sunday, 2/23. They are also hosting two fun events where you can skate for free. The first is their Princess Skate on Saturday, 2/15, from 10am-12pm. Kids and families can meet and greet their favorite princesses while enjoying complimentary snacks, crafts and a movie inside Capital One Cafe. The Warming Hut will also be serving complimentary hot chocolate. Dress like a princess to skate for free! The following Saturday, 2/22, they will be holding a similar event to the Princess Skate…this time a Superhero Skate from 10am-12pm. Enjoy the same amenities and dress like a superhero to skate free. Otherwise cost: $4 for skate rentals, $6 admission for kids 3-12, $8 admission for ages 13+, free for kids under 3.
- Take your little superhero on a date for Valentine’s Day at Marblehead Parenting’s Superhero & Sidekick Party. Saturday, 2/15 from 4-6pm. Activities, crafts, photo booth, entertainment and pizza! Dressing up as a superhero or sidekick is encouraged, but not required. Cost: $20.
- Head to Hammer & Stain North Shore for mommy & me craft time. Their February Vacation Open Paint will be held from 10am-4pm on Monday, 2/17. Projects take 30-60 minutes to complete and Open Paint is first come first serve. Cost: Projects start at $12.
- Sign the kids up for DIScover February Vacation Football Camp at Danvers Indoor Sports. This program runs from 9am-3pm, Monday-Friday. For ages 5-12. Will focus on fundamentals such as passing, catching, flag pulling, route running, footwork and more. Cost: $300 for the week.
- Actors will love the weeklong Stage 284 Youth Studio – Beauty & The Beast Workshop. For ages 7-15. Students will work through acting exercises, theater activities and a rehearsal period resulting in a workshop production on the Stage 284 main stage. Cost: $350 for the week.
- Another weeklong acting camp is being held at the North Shore Music Theatre. This camp, titled Triple Threat: Putting it Together, will give students the complete experience from auditioning for, rehearsing and performing a small portion from a musical theatre piece. 9am-3pm. Cost: $425.
- If cooking is more your kid’s thing, check out the Kids in the Kitchen program at Appleton Farms. This weeklong program is best for kids who love to cook, explore, and be adventurous in the kitchen, and out on the trails. Ages 6-10; 9am-12pm. Cost: $36/day for members, $45/day for nonmembers.
- Another cooking camp, Baking Championship Camp, will take place at Taste Bud’s Kitchen in Beverly. One camp for ages 4-8 will run daily from 9am-12pm and another for ages 9-13 from 1-4 pm. Cost: $75/day or register for the whole week and save $25 plus receive a free apron!
- Beverly Sports Complex will also be holding a weeklong February Vacation Camp with games, sports, fitness and fun! Half day (9am-12pm) and full day (9am-2pm) options available. Cost: Half-day week – $100; Full-day week – $150.
- American Ninja Warrior Fans can learn the basics of parkour and ninja warrior skills at the Gymja Warrior Camp at Danvers Indoor Sports. Camp tuition also gets you a discounted rate to Open Gym Sessions to practice what they’ve learned. 10am-1pm, daily from 2/17-2/21. Cost: $50/day or $200 for the week.
- The Torigian YMCA in Peabody will host Magician Steven Craig on Monday, 2/17, from 3-4pm. Steven Craig’s magic shows for children and families engage and excite audiences with his off-the-charts energy, laugh-out-loud comedy, and tons of audience participation. Cost: FREE admission for Family Members of the YMCA of Metro North.
- Take a little break for yourself at btone FITNESS Middleton on Tuesday, 2/18, or Thursday, 2/20, from 10:30-11:30 am. Kids (ages 2.5 and up) can enjoy a Storytime Pop-Up complete with fun, craft project, while you enjoy a class. Cost: $10/child for storytime; $20 drop in class rate for moms.
- The Glen Urquhart School in Beverly will be hosting February Vacation Camp: Exploring Art on the North Shore. This camp is designed for children in grades 3-6, and will run from 8:30am-3pm, Tuesday-Friday. Young artists will pursue their own creative ideas each morning in the GUS art studio, including: printmaking processes, product design, making miniatures, and nature themes. Afternoons will include excursions on the North Shore to explore art exhibits and experiential learning. Cost: $280 for 4 days.
- Kids ages 4+ will enjoy Tumble Tuesday at Yellow Jackets Gymnastics Club in Danvers, on 2/18, from 9am-1pm. Fun includes tumbling, beam, vault, bars and trampoline. As well as games, crafts and pizza! Call or sign up online for cost.
- Elementary students are invited to learn about local wildlife through games, stories and activities at Endicott Adventures. Endicott Park’s Naturalist Erika will lead children in an exploration of the park to learn how plants and animals adapt to seasonal conditions. Children should come dressed to spend time outdoors. 9am-3pm, 2/18-2/20. Cost: $40/day (search “341001,” in the registration link to find the program sign up.)
- Tired of your kids jumping off the furniture? Sign them up for the Ninja Clinic at Yellow Jackets Gymnastics Club in Middleton on Tuesday, 2/18, from 11am -1pm. Will include obstacle courses, timed challenges, competitions and more. Cost: $25.
- ToysInBox returns to the T.O.H.P. Burnham Library on Tuesday, 2/18, for a 3-D Printing Session from 1-4:30 pm. Kids in grades 4, 5 & 6 can create three different items using the Tinkercad software system and take them home! This program is limited to 12 students and reservations must be made by February 10th. Cost: FREE.
- Calling all LEGO lovers! Head to the LEGO “Make & Take” Event hosted by Essex Heritage and NPS on Wednesday, 2/19, from 10am-12pm. Participants will have the chance to make and take home their very own lighthouse keeper mini figure and mini Bakers Island Light. Held at the Salem Visitors Center. Cost: $10.
- Learn about Nature’s Real Vampires: Celebrate Bats & Creepy Creatures at the Flint Public Library in Middleton on Wednesday, 2/19, from 10:30-11:30 am. Heather of Hands on Nature will teach about real animals that scare and spook us, but who are important to our natural world. Cost: FREE.
- Get out of the house and enjoy Movie Day at the Greater Beverly YMCA. Wednesday, 2/19, from 11am-12pm. A Disney movie will be shown. Cost: FREE.
- Tickets are still on sale for Disney on Ice presents Road Trip Adventures at the TD Garden in Boston. Hit the road with Mickey and his pals for a high-octane ride! Exciting twists and turns await as Mickey, Minnie, Goofy — and you — embark on a wild ride to your favorite Disney destinations. Multiples shows from Wednesday, 2/19 through Sunday, 2/23. Cost: Ticket prices vary, but start around $54/each.
- Find Curious Creatures at the Torigian YMCA in Peabody on Thursday, 2/20, from 11am-12pm. This is a special show of small animals that children can observe and learn more about. Children will have the opportunity to touch and interact with some of the animals during the show. Cost: FREE admission for Family Members of the YMCA of Metro North.
- Awesome Robb will make you laugh out loud during his fast-paced and entertaining magic performance that includes audience participation! Held on Thursday, 2/20, from 3-4pm at the Hamilton-Wenham Public Library. Cost: FREE.
- Join the Family Snowy Owl Prowl at Crane Estate on Saturday, 2/22, from 1-3 pm. Hike the dunes of the Crane Wildlife Refuge and try to spot these magnificent birds. Cost: $15 for member families, $25 for nonmembers.
- Frozen 2 fans can spend a fun afternoon at Angelica’s Restaurant in Middleton for the Snow Sisters Sequel Show and Luncheon. The Snow Queen, Snow Sister, and Ice Harvester will be in attendance and kids will enjoy a musical performance, dance party, photo opportunities, craft time, lunch and more! Sunday, 2/23, from 11am-1pm. Cost: $37.45
Also check out our post on 15 Winter Break Activities. Though Winter Break has passed, many of the activities on the list can still be enjoyed!