The hustle and bustle of the holidays is behind us. If the simplicity and quiet you were craving last week has led to cabin fever this week, don’t stress. We’ve got a list of 5 winter activities you can still enroll in to get you and your littles out of the house! (Be sure to visit the links for pricing and registration info.)
- Little Explorers at Endicott Park – Young explorers (ages 2 to 6) are invited to discover nature with Endicott Park’s naturalist, Erika! Each class will focus on seasonal nature themes such as seeds, habitats, ponds, animal sounds, and much more. Meets weekly on Wednesdays or Thursdays from 10-11 am, beginning 1/15 or 1/16 through 2/26 or 2/27. Parents should plan to participate. (Class will not meet on 2/19, due to February vacation). $70. REGISTER HERE.
- Family Jam Music Class at Room to Bloom – A fun way for your family to bond! Taught by board certified music therapist Kristy Waldron. Six-week session begins Sunday, 1/19, from 9-9:30 am and runs through 2/23. $120/child, $60/siblings. Includes all morning drop-in play at Room to Bloom Beverly. REGISTER HERE.
- Gymnastics, Dance or Sports Classes at The Little Gym of Danvers – Enrollment is rolling, so sign up any time to try your first class free or join a weekly program. Each class embraces the Little Gym’s proprietary philosophy called Three-Dimensional Learning, in which physical activity is a conduit for nurturing your whole child. Classes are offered daily and at various times. View the full schedule here. Tuition plans start at $22/class. REGISTER HERE.
- Origami Engineering at CuriousCity – Register here for the free trial class on Monday, 1/20 from 10:30-11:30 am at CuriousCity in Peabody. Then the 8-week session begins after school on Wednesday, 1/22 from 3:30-4:30 pm. This class introduces students, ages 9-12, to applied mathematics and engineering through paper folding and origami-inspired form making. Students will work individually and in teams on paper design challenges. Testing and redesign will support good engineering practices and notation and analysis of design performance data will reinforce practical math skills.
- Gymja Warrior – Check out the Intro Gymja class with your little ninja today (Monday, 1/13), from 3:30-4 pm at Danvers Indoor Sports. This FREE introductory class will give you a look inside what Gymja classes are like! Taught by certified professionals (and former/current ANW competitors) you will learn some of the basic techniques that instructors build on and see how Gymja Warrior can benefit you! Parents are welcome to join and listen in, and any questions are welcome. Classes are open enrollment, for ages 3 to adult, and held daily at various times after school. View the full schedule and registration details here. Pricing varies by class, from free to $35 per class.