Have an event we should know about? Please Contact Us
- This event has passed.
Virtual Community Vigil
June 6, 2020 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pmFree
Many of us have been shaken by recent civil unrest due to the ongoing systemic oppression of Black People. We invite you to come together safely and in observation of social distancing to connect, show your support, as well as to think about actions we can take in our daily lives.
Marshunda Smith, cellist, conductor and Waldorf School Music teacher and Dr. Kenann McKenzie, educator, mother, and director of Boston University’s Aspire Institute at Wheelock College, will host this child-friendly vigil in hopes to provide solace and community.
On the program
- Nicole McClain, President of the North Shore Juneteenth Association
- Marshunda Smith, cellist, conductor, teacher
- Christopher D. Sims aka UniverSouLove: Poet, spoken word artist and human rights activist
- DC Clark, Boston area vocalist/ instrumentalist
- Rev. Andre Bennett, community leader, educator, activist and advocate in the North Shore and Greater Boston
We are asking each participant to light a candle in a dark room to show in their video zoom window. Or upload one of these pictures into your profile picture of your Zoom account. If you would like a speaking role please let us know by Friday evening so that you will have the appropriate Zoom link. We look forward to connecting with you. Please RSVP to receive the Zoom Link/password & FB Live info.
In peace and progress!
Kenann & Marshunda