Have an event we should know about? Please Contact Us
- This event has passed.
Earth Day Youth Art Contest
April 20, 2020 @ 12:00 am - April 22, 2020 @ 5:00 pmFree
Join the Museum of Science in celebrating the 50th anniversary of Earth Day (April 22, 2020)! Now through Sunday, April 19, we are accepting 2-D digital art entries from K – 12 students for our Earth Day Youth Art Contest. Please read and follow the rules and art submission instructions below to participate.
– Youth Artists must be in Grades K-12 and reside in New
– All entries must be two dimensional and original artwork.
– All artwork should relate to Earth Day.
– Entries must be received by 11:59 PM Sunday, April 19. Late
entries will not be judged.
– Entries will be divided into the following grade categories:
– Kindergarten – 2nd Grade
– 3rd Grade – 5th Grade
– 6th Grade – 8th Grade
– 9th Grade – 12th Grade
– A winner will be selected from each grade category. There
will also be a “Popular Vote” winner to be decided through
online votes via social media from April 20 – April 22.
Winners will be announced on Wednesday, April 22, 2020. Winners’ artwork will be featured on the Museum of Science’s website and social media pages.
Winners will receive a four pack of exhibit hall admission tickets to the Museum of Science.
Submission of the artwork grants the Museum a non-exclusive, royalty-free license to publish your student’s/child’s artwork in our educational and promotional print and digital materials, and on social media. All published artwork will be credited “Artist’s Name.”
Art Submission Instructions:
– Art submissions should be sent to ([email protected]).
– All submissions should provide the following information:
First Name, Grade, and Title of Artwork.
– Art submissions should be a high quality scan of the artwork
or a digital file (JPEG or PNG preferred) with 300 dpi. The
Museum maintains the ability to not accept submissions that
are blurry, difficult to view, or not on theme.